6th Open International Conference
July 1-5, 2020
Anargyrios and Korgialenios School of Spetses (AKSS), Greece
Personal Data Information and Acknowledgement Declaration – Transportation/Travels, Accommodation, Meals, and Other Expenses
Personal Data Information and Acknowledgement Declaration
I have chosen voluntarily to participate in the 6th Open International Conference, entitled “Performing Texts” (hereinafter: “the Conference”), organized by the Center for Hellenic Studies in Washington, DC, Harvard University (CHS US) on behalf of the Network for the Study of Archaic and Classical Greek Song, supported by the Center for Hellenic Studies (Greece), Harvard University (CHS Greece), hereinafter as the “Organizers”, and hosted by the Foundation of Anargyrios and Korgialenios School of Spetses (hereinafter “A.K.S.S.”).
The Conference Organizers collect and process personal data of their associates, affiliates, guests, researchers in their programs, participants in conferences, workshops, events, and other individuals who cooperate with them for the fulfillment of their purposes.
In particular, depending on the activity the Organizers’ records may include the following: first and last name, father’s and mother’s names, date of birth, e-mail address, home address, telephone, identity card details, video and photographical material.
All of the above will be deleted immediately after the expiration of our partnership or the event you have participated in, unless their retention is required by law (such as, but not limited to, the data required for tax purposes).
The information and recording of lectures (presentations, discussions, etc.) included in this collaboration as well as the taking of photographs are kept for archival purposes in the Organizers’ libraries and may be used by the Organizers in brochures, posters or websites, the Organizers’ social media outlets, and the Organizers’ YouTube channel, for the needs of promoting this activity as well as other activities and the broader visibility of the Organizers. They may also be forwarded to third parties with whom the Organizers collaborate with the aim of further promoting and disseminating this activity, as well as informing other interested parties. The Organizers make every effort but cannot exclude or be liable for the republication in any way whatsoever of the material or any part of it that is created illegally by any third party by downloading it from the internet. Also, even though photographic and/or video-recorded material may be used for electronic and/or printed media of the Organizers, there is no guarantee that it will actually appear, partially or in its entirety, in electronic and/or printed material of the Organizers.
The Organizers’ employees and associates have the right to access and process the above data, as well as individuals/companies that support their operation (accounting office, maintenance of IT systems and applications, co-organizers and/or hosts of the conference), for the sole purpose of dealing with the object of their work.
The rights provided above are indefinite and irrevocable and we understand that the Organizers will act in accordance with this form. We declare that we have no claim or requirements from the Organizers resulting from or in connection with the above. This participant form is governed by Greek law and is subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Athens, Greece.
The Organizers have taken the necessary security measures to safeguard your personal data.
With respect to your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of data access: The right to know if your data is being processed, how, and for what purpose.
• Right of data rectification: The right to ask for a rectification of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right of data deletion (“right to be forgotten”): The right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data under certain conditions.
• Right to restriction of data processing: The right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data when certain conditions are met.
• Right to data portability: Your right to ask to send your information to a third party (e.g. another support center) when certain conditions are met.
• Right to object to processing: The right to object to the processing of your data. The Center will no longer submit your data for processing unless there are legitimate reasons for processing or for the foundation, exercise or support of legal claims.
• When you submit a request by exercising one of the above rights, the Organizers must respond within one month, or later, but explain the reasons for the delay.
You can exercise your rights at no cost by submitting a request to the Center’s Secretariat (+30 2752047030) or by sending an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Transportation/travel, accommodation, meals, and other expenses
Ι acknowledge that the Organizers and the hosts have no responsibility and/or obligation for my transportation/travel to and from the location of the Conference (Spetses, Greece), except for special cases that may be decided and communicated by the Organizers, and I declare that I take full responsibility of that transportation/travel dangers and its cost.
I acknowledge that the Organizers and the hosts do not bear any responsibility and/or obligation for my transportation both to and from the AKSS buildings or to and from other buildings where the Conference takes place, during the Conference, except for special cases that may be decided and communicated by the Organizers, as well as for any possible travel during the Conference’s daily breaks.
I also take full responsibility for any other personal independent travel, during, or after the closing of the Conference. I understand that, if I wish to travel independently during the Conference, I must discuss first with the Conference Organizers in order to preserve the smooth operation of the Conference.
I acknowledge that I am responsible for all arrangements and costs related to my travel, accommodation, meals, and other incidentals related to my participation in the Conference, beyond those that may be covered by the Organizers, also related to my registration and attendance status, as well as any additional expenses that I may incur during the Conference.
I understand that I may be staying in double room and that I will be sharing the room with 1 more participant of the Conference. I also fully understand that I will respect my roommate, as well as the room, and the AKSS premises in general, being liable for compensation for any damage or deterioration that may be caused by my intent or negligence.
I understand that, although the Organizers and the hosts have planned the Conference in the best possible way, they cannot eliminate all the risks related to my travel/transportation, accommodation, safety of my personal belongings, etc.
* I understand that my voluntary participation in the Conference may involve risks different than the ones found within the country of my residence. These include, but are not limited to risks involved in traveling to, from, and within international destinations; foreign political, legal, medical, social, and economic conditions; different standards of design, safety, and maintenance of buildings, public places, and conveyances; different local weather conditions, eating habits, etc. Although Greece overall, exercises normal safety precautions, I understand that this country has its own health and safety standards that may vary from those in the country of my residence, and I declare that I have read and understood all these differences taking full responsibility for any related problems that may occur. I have also reviewed all relevant information provided by the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Health of the country of my residence, as well as health advisory information available from the World Health Organization related to Greece and travel abroad.
I understand that I am fully responsible for making sure that I have valid and current health/medical insurance and carry a valid insurance identity card with me during the Conference. I will be solely responsible for payment in full of all costs of medical care I may receive during the Conference. I further agree that the Organizers and the hosts have no responsibility whatsoever for any personal health/medical issues that may occur during the Conference, as well as any actions taken by the Organizers and the hosts to provide me necessary emergency medical care, and I authorize the Organizers to contact my emergency contact during any emergency situation.