Center for Hellenic Studies (Washington D.C.), Harvard University
and International Olympic Academy
with the support of the Center for Hellenic Studies (Greece), Harvard University
Personal Data Information and Acknowledgement Declaration
I have chosen voluntarily to participate in the Annual Scholars’ Symposium 2020, entitled “Sports, Society, and Culture: Athletics, Education, and the Road to Olympia” (hereinafter: “the Symposium”), organized by the Center for Hellenic Studies in Washington D.C., Harvard University (“CHS Washington”) and the International Olympic Academy (“IOA”), with the support -administrative and logistical- of the Center for Hellenic Studies in Greece, Harvard University (CHS Greece), hereinafter as the “Organizers”.
The Symposium Organizers collect and process personal data of their associates, affiliates, guests, researchers in their programs, participants in conferences, workshops, events, and other individuals who cooperate with them for the fulfillment of their purposes.
In particular, depending on the activity our records may include the following: first and last name, father’s and mother’s names, date of birth, e-mail address, home address, telephone, short CV, academic and/or professional status, video and photographical material.
All of the above will be deleted immediately after the expiration of our partnership or the event you have participated in, unless their retention is required by law.
In particular, I have read and acknowledge my understanding that I may be photographed, and video/audio-recorded or otherwise recorded (such materials or recordings referred to as “Media”) during this activity which is offered free of charge by the Organizers.
I agree for the Symposium Organizers to use my name, photographs, recordings (video, audio, etc.), CV information and /or other recognizable features for the needs of the electronic and/or printed promotion of the present activity, as well as of other activities of the Organizers and their broader visibility. I hereby transfer to the Organizers all rights, throughout the world that I may have in the above media.
I acknowledge that the Organizers have the rights to copy, adjust, change, edit, add, delete, combine with other material, the recordings, reproduction, and distribution of the material, create derivative works from all or any part of the media, in any manner or medium now know or later invented or else to use my performance in the Symposium with any means/tools/media known today or in the future, as well as to authorize others to do the same.
I understand that I will not be entitled to any use or compensation, now or in the future, in connection with these rights and my overall participation and presence in the Symposium.
I also recognize that although the image or video material is intended for digital and/or printed use by the Organizers, there is no guarantee by them and no claim on my side that there will be total or partial appearance of that material in electronic or printed means of the Organizers.
I hereby indefinitely and irrevocably transfer to the Organizers the right to use my image, voice, and overall presence in the above activity throughout the world and without limitations (time, location, or other), and indicatively:
- by distributing all or part of the visual and/or audio material produced, live or recorded, on the Internet, IPTN, the Organizer’s websites, the Organizers’ WordPress blogs, the Organizers’ YouTube channels, the Organizers’ social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), the Organizers’ Newsletters once or for an unlimited number of times, available for free download or by subscription.
- by using my image and voice that have been recorded herein to create further promotional material and programs, such as a tribute, a presentation of related activities, etc.
I understand that the Organizers’ employees and associates have the right to access and process the above data, as well as individuals/companies that support their operation (accounting office, maintenance of IT systems and applications), for the sole purpose of dealing with the object of their work.
Further, I unreservedly hereby accept that the Organizers hold the right to further authorize additional third parties collaborating with the Organizers, freely and without any limitations (time, location, or other), with a view to further promoting and disseminating such content. As of today, I express my irrevocable, unconditional consent. The above material will remain for archival purposes published online, without time limitation.
I also recognize that the Organizers bear no responsibility for the re-publication in any possible way of the above-mentioned recordings or any part of it that may be illegally made by any third party, by downloading them from the internet.
Important information about the use of Personal Data:
With respect to your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of data access: The right to know if your data is being processed, how, and for what purpose.
- Right of data rectification: The right to ask for a rectification of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right of data deletion (“right to be forgotten”): The right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data under certain conditions.
- Right to restriction of data processing: The right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data when certain conditions are met.
- Right to data portability: Your right to ask to send your information to a third party (e.g. another support center) when certain conditions are met.
- Right to object to processing: The right to object to the processing of your data. The Center will no longer submit your data for processing unless there are legitimate reasons for processing or for the foundation, exercise or support of legal claims.
- When you submit a request by exercising one of the above rights, the Center must respond within one month, or later, but explain the reasons for the delay.
You can exercise your rights at no cost by submitting a request to the Center’s Secretariat (+30 27520 47030) or by sending an email (email@example.com), as well as to the International Olympic Academy’s Secretariat (+30 210 6878809) or by sending an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).